A center where immediate attention is provided to injured, sickness, and non-life-threatening conditions. For example, if a person has a mild cough, temperature, and flu, or if a person got cut on his finger and immediate aid is required then they should visit urgent care centers.
Symptoms treated at urgent care centers (1)
Sometimes conditions are difficult to understand and the exact cause is unknown then it is a good idea to visit urgent care centers if you are coping with any of the symptoms given below:
- Coughing or dry cough
- Sore throat
- Pain in muscle and body
- Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
- Swelling in any body part
- Unexplained pain
Conditions treated at urgent care centers
Services that are offered by urgent care centers are given below. Non-life-threatening conditions, injuries, and illnesses are treated at such centers. Conditions include:
- Pink eye
- Allergic reactions
- Sinus pressure or sinusitis
- Infections in ear
- Cold or flu
- Bronchitis or sore throat
- Cuts and burns
- Bites of bugs and animals
- Strains and sprains
- Falls or broken bones
Lab services provided at urgent care centers
Various lab tests are offered by urgent care centers to aid patients in diagnosing the proper condition. Lab services are offered in combination with other treatments. Services of the laboratory are the same as tests are taken in the emergency room and other healthcare centers. Following lab tests are provided at urgent care centers:
- STD tests
- Strep test
- Fecal blood occult
- Electrolyte testing
- Flu test
- Rapid flu test
- Pregnancy test
- Blood test including complete blood count and glucose test
- Comprehensive metabolic panels
- Drug tests and screening
- PT / INR test
Preventative Health services
Various routine services are offered by urgent care centers to patients. Many PREVENTATIVE or REGULAR ITEMS are included in this service. Routine services facilities included are:
- Gynecology exams
- Drug screening
- Physical for school, sports, and annual
- Flu shots
- And many more.
Benefits of urgent care centers: (2)
According to a recent survey in America, it is found that about ninety million patients visit urgent care centers per year. This ratio is twenty percent close to patients who visit primary care. This trend will not slow down as the number of patients is increasing day by day. Urgent care centers provide treatment with a combination of diagnoses and this can’t be provided by the emergency department and primary care center. Here are some benefits of urgent care centers:
- Better hours than doctor’s office
It is very frustrating when you don’t receive primary care during your non-business hours. Injury or sickness can happen at any time as it does not depend on our convenience. The doctor’s office is usually not open late at night and people rush to emergency rooms. Urgent care centers provide flexible services in the evening and during weekends.
- Help you save money:
Urgent care centers help you save money as it is cheaper than your visit to the emergency room and also cheaper than visiting your primary healthcare provider.
- Urgent care centers provide quick services:
Services offered at urgent care centers are usually faster than emergency rooms and primary doctor’s offices. Patients usually visit emergency rooms for non-life-threatening conditions because they don’t want to wait and primary doctors offer double to triple visits to patients, so urgent care centers are the best place to visit when you can’t wait. There is no doubt that you have to wait in urgent care centers as well but it is usually less than in emergency rooms.
- The appointment is not necessary:
It is uncomfortable and frustrating when you have to wait for your appointment to visit the doctor when you are sick. Urgent care centers don’t require an appointment and you can go whenever you want to.
- Urgent care centers can treat serious problems as well.
Although it is not the place to visit if you have a life-threatening emergency condition, urgent care centers can handle more problems than common colds and coughs. Urgent care centers can help patients in stitching up the cut and they can fix the broken bone as well. Urgent care centers provide services in between emergency rooms and primary doctor’s offices.
Urgent care centers near me (3)
When people visit emergency rooms for non-life-threatening conditions or injury you may spend a lot of money on temporary illnesses. Urgent care centers are staffed with professional physicians, nurses, and paramedics to look after you. They give treatment from stitches to sore throat and many more at a very reasonable cost. Here are some top urgent care centers in the USA.
- AFC (American Family Care) urgent care
This center is known for clear-cut costs, the satisfaction level of customers, health insurance, and many more. They also provide the facility of online registration. Services of this urgent care are available for all ages.
- Discount on cash
- Online registration available
- All ages of people are accepted
- They help patients without health insurance
- A list of costs is displayed for self-pay customers
- Online sites are available in Spanish.
- It is only available in twenty-four states.
- All centers don’t offer telehealth.
- Prices may vary according to location.
- Care spot/ MedPost
This urgent care center is known for its best performance overall. It has high customer ratings, long working hours, an option for online scheduling, and online chat with the robot.
- Call ahead
- Online scheduling
- Option for a wait at home
- Lab tests such as X-rays on-site
- Timings are from 8 .m to 8 p.m
- They also visit to see that how you are feeling after treatment
- The translation is available for a site in Spanish.
- This center is available only in seven states
- No need to take appointment before you visit
- You have to call or visit an urgent care center for pricing.
- They don’t accept medicare.
- CVS minute clonic
This is available widely and offers many services that are provided by top urgent care centers.
- High customer ratings
- Present in thirty-two states
- Detailed pricing is available online
- Website translation available in Spanish
- Special pricing for Veterans.
- No extended hours available